Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Special characters trouble

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 October 2012, 10:02

Hello,
I have some trouble with special characters for the passwords or account name of user.
In fact I have tested the problem when I have to create my account on the site here, at mahara.org.
I was unable to use the password éléphant1 that match the requirments (2 letters and 1 number).

The problems that I encounter with our internal Mahara are :
- with the CSV import I was unable to import UTF8 file, I need to save the file in ANSI to be recognized for the import. In UTF 8 there is a message saying that he don't recognized the username field.
- I can't use special characters (é,ô,è, etc.) in the file.

I use Postgres as database, and the database is well encoding in UTF8, collation is en_US.UTF-8, character type en_US.UTF-8.
The main language tha we are using is French.

If somebody can give me some idea.
Is it a postgres database problem ?

Thank you for your help.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 October 2012, 19:18

Hi Phillipe,

There have been some issues similar to this with the username as well. If you file a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug we can go about fixing it. It was due to using PHP str functions instead of mb_str functions which take into account of special characters. The database shouldn't make a difference because the hash is stored, not the plaintext password.

It also looks like there is an issue with the CSV imports, if you file a bug for that as well it would be great.

Cheers,

Hugh

2 results