Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group Forum - E-Mail without Link

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 September 2012, 7:36

Hi Conrad:

Thanks for your feedback. I was also affraid that the language was the cause of the problem!

Regarding the language pack update (other than english), remember that you have to do that in the dataroot folder. Check this:

https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Next_Steps#Install_a_Language_Pack

In relation of the use of GIT, I don't feel expert enough to guide you in the process, but I am sure some search in Google and in the Mahara site will show you how.

Regards, Roberto.

Conrad Lienhardt's profile picture

18 September 2012, 18:02

Hi Roberto,

thank you very much for your feedback. I did load the language pack directly into the program directories and not into the dataroot. I corrected this. Nevertheless the problem persists and I 've decided to live with english default and in personal settings with german.

Next holidays I will update to 1.5.3

So thank you very much for your support and prompt replies!

Kind Regards and all the best
Conrad

A post by Account deleted was deleted

30 September 2012, 16:07

After upgrading to 1.5.3 and actualizing the german language pack the problem persists. If a user has choosen German as default language forum messages delivered with e-mail come without any links and without mentioning where the post was pubished (in which forum). If the user has choosen English as default language the e-mail comes with full information.

So this seems to be a problem with the German language pack.

Does anyone has ha clue how to handle this?

Thanks, Conrad

02 October 2012, 15:07

Hello,

the problem with forum messages is one of the German language pack. I installed the italian language pack and all worked pretty fine. Not so using the German one.

Is there a chance to get a bug fix for the German language pack?

Thanks an Regards,
Conrad

03 October 2012, 2:38

To fix this bug you have to comment out those lines in langpacks/de.utf8/interaction\forum/lang/de.utf8/interaction.forum.php  (about line 70)

/*

$string['forumposthtmltemplate'] = '<div style="padding: 0.5em 0; border-bottom: 1px solid #999;"><strong>%s von %s</strong><br>%s</div>

<div style="margin: 1em 0;">%s</div>

<div style="font-size: smaller; border-top: 1px solid #999;">
<p><a href="%s">Diesen Beitrag online beantworten</a></p>
<p><a href="%s">Forenbeiträge von %s abbestellen</a></p>
</div>';
$string['forumposttemplate'] = '%s von %s
%s
------------------------------------------------------------------------

%s

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wenn Sie diesen Beitrag online lesen und beantworten wollen, folgen Sie bitte diesem Link:
%s

Wenn Sie %s abbestellen wollen, besuchen Sie bitte:
%s';

*/

This fixes the problem.

Ralf Hilgenstock's profile picture

03 October 2012, 3:56

Hello Conrad,

you've cemmented out the German translation of these two strings now. I've checked the German translation of the strings and compared them with the english strings. There were two structural differences in the strings.

German: <strong>%s von %s</strong><br>%s</div>
English <strong>Forum: %s von %s</strong></div>

This can't be the reason for your problem. May be Melissa or Kristina can help.
I've changed the German lang package in Launchpad now.

Ralf

04 October 2012, 3:12

Hello Ralf,

commenting out fixes the problem. To undo this reproduces the bug. I don't really know what's the reason therefor. I am a fan of differencial diagnosis. I checked several other language packs and commenting out those lines was the outcome.

It really works.

Regards and thanks for your reply
Conrad