Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New instance of 1.5.2 Fails: Dwoo _Compilation_Exception

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 August 2012, 15:00

Trying to set up a fresh new instance of Mahara 1.5.2 (downloaded 8/15/12). Extracted code to directory, created config.php with appropriate settings, created database owned by user with access, created data directory as usual.

Navigated to web site and got "Site unavailable", "A nonrecoverable error occurred."

Error in HTTP log:

[Wed] [WAR] be (lib/errors.php:464) An exception was thrown of class Dwoo_Compilation_Exception.
[Wed] [WAR] be (lib/errors.php:464) THIS IS BAD and should be changed to something extending MaharaException,
[Wed] [WAR] be (lib/errors.php:464) unless the exception is from a third party library.
[Wed] [WAR] be (lib/errors.php:464) Original trace follows
[Wed] [WAR] be (lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo/Compiler.php:3019) Compilation error at line 1 in "file:/usr/www/mahdemo/theme/raw/templates/admin/installgpl.tpl" : Argument 0/ missing for include
[Wed] Call stack (most recent first):
[Wed]   * Dwoo_Compiler->mapParams(array(size 2), "Dwoo_Plugin_include", 2) at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo/Compiler.php:1711
[Wed]   * Dwoo_Compiler->parseFunction("{include file='header.tpl' nosearch=true}
[Wed]         ...", 1, 1415, false, "root", 40) at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo/Compiler.php:1338
[Wed]   * Dwoo_Compiler->parse("{include file='header.tpl' nosearch=true}
[Wed]         ...", 1, null, false, "root", 40) at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo/Compiler.php:794
[Wed]   * Dwoo_Compiler->compile(object(Dwoo_Mahara), object(Dwoo_Template_File)) at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo/Template/String.php:369
[Wed]   * Dwoo_Template_String->getCompiledTemplate(object(Dwoo_Mahara), null) at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo.php:363
[Wed]   * Dwoo->get(object(Dwoo_Template_File), array(size 19)) at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/dwoo/mahara/Dwoo_Mahara.php:118
[Wed]   * Dwoo_Mahara->fetch("admin/installgpl.tpl") at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/dwoo/mahara/Dwoo_Mahara.php:105
[Wed]   * Dwoo_Mahara->display("admin/installgpl.tpl") at /usr/www/mahdemo/admin/index.php:53
[Wed]
[Wed] [WAR] be (lib/errors.php:590) Exception thrown by smarty call while handling exception
[Wed] Call stack (most recent first):
[Wed]   * log_message("Exception thrown by smarty call while handling exc...", 8, true, true) at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/errors.php:109
[Wed]   * log_warn("Exception thrown by smarty call while handling exc...") at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/errors.php:590
[Wed]   * MaharaException->handle_exception() at /usr/www/mahdemo/lib/errors.php:472
[Wed]   * exception(object(Dwoo_Compilation_Exception)) at Unknown:0

Data directories were created as follows:

dwoo
htmlpurifier
images
langpacks
log
sessions
smarty
temp

Database is empty - no relations. No PHP errors logged. No custom themes or anything else added to code.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Account deleted

15 August 2012, 20:48

Hi Worth,

I've just tried this with 1.5.2, and can't reproduce this. Can you give some of the info below to try and figure it out.

What does your config.php file look like. In particular the wwwroot, dataroot, and dbtype, directorypermissions. Feel free to change the wwwroot to not have your url in it. I just want to see what format it is in (ie, protocol://domain/path/, or protocol://domain/), and whether it has a slash at the end.

Does this happen when you go to the webpage before installation, ie you can't yet install?

Cheers,

Hugh

Account deleted

16 August 2012, 9:39

Hi Hugh,

Config.php (less comments, blank lines, genericized):

<?php
$cfg = new StdClass;
$cfg->dbtype   = 'postgres8';
$cfg->dbhost   = 'localhost';
$cfg->dbport   = null;
$cfg->dbname   = 'dbname';
$cfg->dbuser   = 'dbuser';
$cfg->dbpass   = 'dbpassword';
$cfg->dbprefix = 'pre_';
$cfg->wwwroot = 'http://mahara.mysite.com/';  // Tried with and without this
$cfg->dataroot = '/usr/mahdat/data';
$cfg->emailcontact = '[email protected]';
$cfg->passwordsaltmain = 'longrandomstring';   // Tried with and without salt
// closing php tag intentionally omitted to prevent whitespace issues

Permissions:

drwxrwxrwx  10 visitor  wheel  512 Aug 15 15:41 /usr/mahdat/data

drwxr-xr-x  26 visitor  wheel  1024 Aug 15 15:03 htdocs

The message:

Mahara: Site unavailable
A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

...is the first & only thing that comes up when I navigate to the URL when attempting to install.

FWIW, note that there are several other instances of Mahara 1.5x running on this server against the same PostgreSQL server (different databases) with the same dbuser and dbpassword. Also using the same URL construct, ie:  http://sub.mysite.com. Data subdirectories also in /usr/mahdat/.

Also, found this error in PostgreSQL log today:

LOG:  connection received: host=::1 port=30896
LOG:  connection authorized: user=dbuser database=dbname
ERROR:  relation "pre_config" does not exist at character 26
STATEMENT:  SELECT field, value FROM "pre_config"
ERROR:  relation "pre_config" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "pre_config"  WHERE "field" =  $1  LIMIT 2
LOG:  connection received: host=::1 port=23579
LOG:  connection authorized: user=mdlusr database=mahdemo
ERROR:  relation "pre_config" does not exist at character 26
STATEMENT:  SELECT field, value FROM "pre_config"
ERROR:  relation "pre_blocktype_installed" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "pre_blocktype_installed" ORDER BY artefactplugin,name
[Last two lines repeated 15 times]

Thanks for your help!

Account deleted

19 August 2012, 15:16

Suspect I've found a piece of the puzzle. 

I was able to install Mahara 1.5.2 on a server running Ubuntu. The server I've been trying to install it on is running FreeBSD 8.3.  Previous versions ran without issue. Might be this one has some sort of conflict.

Should I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Account deleted

21 August 2012, 16:34

Hi Worth,

Good that you found something that could be the cause. I have created a bug for it not installing on FreeBSD. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1039759

I hope that this issue is sorted soon.

Cheers,

Hugh

Account deleted

26 August 2012, 18:45

Hi Worth,

Have you tried using the CLI installer? https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara#Run_the_Command-Line_Interface_Installer

If that works, it may give a slightly different error once installed so can see more clearly what is going wrong?

Cheers,

Hugh

Son Nguyen's profile picture

23 August 2012, 18:38

I have no problem of installing a fresh Mahara 1.5.2 on FreeBSD 8.3 using Postgres 8.3.18, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3

Can you please check the problem of query Postgres DB? some reasons that the mahara tables could not be created.

Cheers,

Account deleted

24 August 2012, 11:28

Not entirely sure I follow what you mean by "check the problem of query Postgres DB" but the database user can connect to PostgreSQL. The same db user account and db user password are in use with other instances of Mahara on the same server and connect and interact normally.

FWIW, that server is running PostgreSQL 9.1, PHP 5.4.5, Apache 2.2.22

Thanks!

24 August 2012, 18:52

Hi,

Can you attach the full log files of apache, postgres 

(Don'f forget to replace your sensitive info by '*')

Thank you

25 August 2012, 20:25

My fresh Mahara has been successfully been installed on server running FreeBSD 8.3, PostgreSQL 9.1, Apache 2.2.22, and PHP 5.4.6.

Did you created a new Mahara database and grant it to the db user?

Have you tried MANUALLY to create/update tables on this database connected as this db user?

Cheers,

Son Nguyen

10 results