Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
timeout while installing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 December 2008, 3:40

Hi all, 

while installing 1.0.6 I probably get a timeout at this point (see pic)

timeout?

A new call to page (even with killed cookie) brings the following screen without logging in. At this point nothig can be done or clicked, at every click page returns to this point.

I tried the install at a time with low traffic to work around timeout but it doesn't work.

Has anyone a solution?

Account deleted

07 December 2008, 17:00

Hi,

That looks like there was a PHP fatal error when trying to install the artefact file plugin. When that happens, the spinner spins forever and never completes. Sadly we haven't put code in to handle that case yet.

After that point, yeah you will see the admin section because part of the system is installed, but not all of it, so Mahara gets a bit confused.

My suggestion to you is: drop the database and create it again. Then find your apache error log and watch it while you try to install the site again. You should see a PHP fatal error occur when trying the artefact file step. Post the error here and we can help you with what the problem might be.

Account deleted

07 December 2008, 17:11

thanks for your hint - I dropped db several times with no success on reinstalls, but my provider doesn't show me errorlogs - the only thing I can do is a phpinfo ... perhaps a request in providers forum will bring concrete answers.
Account deleted

13 December 2008, 5:18

Now I installed the system offline (xampp) and uploaded the sql-dump and all files ... works pretty good on the free webhoster www.bplaced.net - perhaps helpfull for everyone who wants a own and free mahara-instance for testing.

4 results