Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Odd/missing display after upgrade

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 July 2012, 11:41

Hi everyone

We upgraded to 1.5 today (from 1.3). Few hiccups but we made it!

However, upon inspection, there are a couple of odd issues that have arisen, and both are quite important.

1. Artefact descriptions

They're just not there!

Photobucket

2. Boxes around artefacts/content not showing

Mahara has now added some boxes around things like Employment, Skills etc. It's also 'broken' the link to expand. Now there's a small arrow, but when you click on it nothing shows. However those with additional content don't have the arrow - meaning you wouldn't know extra info was there!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not sure why this has happened. Can't believe it's a design change. It didn't happen in a previous upgrade that we tested and we really don't want to upgrade again!

Thanks in advance :)

Account deleted

02 July 2012, 12:15

OK you can ignore the Artefact titles - they've suddenly just popped in to place! (weirdly as I was trying out Embedly - I added a tweet, didn't look very nice so I refreshed the page and BOOM there they were!)

Still got the issues with the CV/Employment boxes tho :/

Account deleted

02 July 2012, 13:08

Further developments!

Added the CPD block and that's working fine. You can see the difference between the two:

Photobucket

confused.com

Account deleted

04 July 2012, 3:50

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone have any insights into this?

I'm presenting Mahara to some key people tomorrow and would really like it looking how (I think) it should!

Thanks in advance :)

dan

Account deleted

04 July 2012, 7:17

Hi Dan,

The blocktype names are hidden by javascript because of clutter, and now show up in a tooltip when you hover over the blocktype icons. You can potentially re-theme with a version of htdocs/theme/raw/templates/view/blocktypelist.tpl that omits the js-hidden class that is hiding the blocktype titles.

As for the resume block, I can't reproduce the issue you're having with toggling the visibility of the extra information, but I also don't have Internet Explorer at home to test if it is browser-specific. Try ensuring all the files in htdocs/artefact/resume are the 1.5 ones, and that if there are any customisations, eg, to theme files, that they aren't the issue (take the customised files out temporarily. Rememer that template changes for the raw theme since 1.3 need to be added to customised template files, or things act odd).

Thanks,
Melissa.

Account deleted

04 July 2012, 9:05

Hi Melissa

Artefact names are sorted now.

Display of the Resume shows up in FF and Chrome. I don't use IE. It's odd that the CPD artefact is fine but the 'core' artefacts are not. We've not changed any templates or CSS.

I've passed this on to my IT manager so let's hope he can fix it!

dan

Account deleted

04 July 2012, 10:18

Looking at the demo Mahara site, I can see Resume and CV have this box and the expandable arrow.

I'm guessing it's a design change that I thought was a bug!

Phew.

04 July 2012, 11:46

Sorry Dan,

I can't reproduce on my different Mahara installations the bug you describe. Have you the same problem with all your browsers?

I have tested this on Mac + PC w/Safari, FireFox and nothing wrong on my side.

-dajan

Account deleted

04 July 2012, 12:38

Thanks Dajan. Though I now don't know if this IS a bug or if it's actually how it's meant to look!

Account deleted

04 July 2012, 16:14

Hi Dan,

It is how it's meant to look.

However you said the arrow to unhide the description was not working. That would be a bug, but we can't reproduce it. Is it still happening to you?

Thanks,
Melissa.

15 results