Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Wiki

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 March 2009, 19:36

Hello @all,

is it possible to implent wiki, like at mahara.org? If yes, how  to do? One of my problem is, that i have server at a company, and they don´t support xml-rpc! :-( Is it possible without it?

Many thx in advance,

Yagi

Account deleted

01 April 2009, 3:46

Hi - the wiki here at mahara.org is a Dekiwiki. It's not integrated with Mahara in any particular special way, apart from the theming and a little script I wrote to allow Dekiwiki user accounts to have the same username/password as the Mahara accounts. It shouldn't be too hard to set up a Dekiwiki and make it look like Mahara, which would be a start.

Note that there's no integration of roles or permissions, which means that all users on mahara.org bounce over to wiki.mahara.org as normal users, and their roles have to be managed separately in Dekiwiki. This means that our integration doesn't provide a "wiki for every user" or "wiki for every group", for example.

Account deleted

01 April 2009, 6:33

Thanks for the quickly answer. I see last night, that is dekiwiki. I am not fit in code. Is it possible, that you tell me how do that. We like mahara, and would change our community from joomla to mahara, but it is nessecary to have a wiki. It is not important that the integration with special permissions. Just we need is, that only logged in users can write.

Can you help me out?

Thanks for your support.

Account deleted

01 April 2009, 17:02

Hi - the integration consists of using Deki's HTTP authentication plugin to talk to a custom script on the Mahara side. I can't send you that script, but it's not hard to write. You (or a programmer on your team) just need to consult the dekiwiki documentation for the http authentication plugin and write a script based on that.
4 results