Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Can't upload any files

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 June 2012, 9:58

I have Mahara up and running, and even have SSO working from moodle.  I am running this all on windows server 2008 and IIS7.  The problem I am running into now is that I can't upload any files. I get the following error:

"

An error occurred during file upload: Missing a temporary folder. (Error code 6)

"

This happens no matter what kind of file I try to upload.  Any ideas?

Account deleted

13 June 2012, 10:56

Further digging into my error log gives me this:

"

PHP Warning:  File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0

"

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

13 June 2012, 11:54

Nicholas,
little windows experience here but it sounds like a permissions error but you already knew that.

Dirk 

Account deleted

13 June 2012, 12:42

Yeah, that's what all my research tells me too, though I have messed with permissions, and even changed the temp folder in php.ini. The problem persists. I am going to see if I can upload things into moodle, as they are on the same server, and as far as I know upload things the same way.

Account deleted

13 June 2012, 12:47

Aaaand the problem exists with moodle too, so yeah, it's probably a permissions issue, though I can't figure out where.

Account deleted

13 June 2012, 14:03

Figured it out. It was a permissions issue, but not with my temp upload folder, but my temp sessions folder.

Account deleted

22 October 2012, 9:51

Hi
I have the same problem, since I moved from version 1.2 to 1.5 I no longer can ulpload files or photos,etc and can not even create folders.

very annoying problem.

regards

7 results