Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
php_zip.dll

Gordon McLeod's profile picture

22 May 2012, 9:25

Hi,

I've been struggling with this for days reading various forums and testing solutions to similar issues but without success, so hope someone might be able to offer advice. I have a test server on Windows 2003 with Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.3.17 and MySQL 5.5. After a few false starts in finding the correct versions of components, a thread on a Moodle forum pointed me to the Apache Lounge and I got WAMP running.

Moodle 2.2 is installed on the server and runs fine, along with phpMyAdmin - but when I try to install Mahara 1.5 (downloaded via GIT, just as I did with Moodle) the page hangs (or defaults to Moodle login screen if I tweak settings). Reading the apache log I get an error that zip isn't installed. To cut a long story shorter, I tried pear/pecl install of the "missing" dll (no package available) and also tried installing a version of php_zip.dll from an older build - but then just got compatibility errors when trying to launch Mahara, and on trying to upgrade that got a 'catch 22' error that I had an incompatible version of zip so had to remove it.

According to my Moodle environment data php_zip.dll is installed and OK.

Has anybody out there had a similar issue - and if so have you been able to solve it?

Thanks, Gordon.

1 result