Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
entropy_length setting and Post_max_size

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 May 2012, 16:57

Hi, appart from the the usual magic_quotes problem that many users are suffering from and there does nto seem to be a viable way of overcoming it.  I have to other error messages when I log into the admin area.

Your PHP session.entropy_length setting is too small. Set it to at least 16 in your php.ini to ensure that generated session IDs are random and unpredictable enough. Your PHP post_max_size setting (8M) is very small. Uploads larger than 8M will fail without displaying an error.

I have tried to find where entrophy_length settings and post_max_size are in the files but after hours of looking I just cant find them.  Maybe this is a server side hosting problem, however, when I talk to my ISP they say its a problem in the package that I am using.

Would someone please advise me how to resolve these problems.

Kind regards - Steve

Account deleted

21 May 2012, 17:14

There php parameters are on the server.  I'm using openSUSE 12.1 and found them in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini.

Hope this helps.

Account deleted

21 May 2012, 19:01

If your host won't let you edit php.ini, you may also be able to fix them with a .htaccess file - try putting these lines in a file called .htaccess in your web root:

php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off
php_flag magic_quotes_sybase off
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_value post_max_size 250M
php_value session.entropy_length 16
Account deleted

27 May 2012, 18:56

Hmmm sorry spent a night on that one and all it did was give me a blank page with error messages on it.  I guess its the way the server is set up and I will be talking to the hosting manager on monday.

4 results