Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Cron job problems Mahara 1.5

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 May 2012, 13:22

I am receiving these messages in my error logs. It seems others have had similar problems with Mahara 1.4 with dirty cache and it looks as if  this problem was fixed.  I don't seem able to locate information on how to fix it. I'm using Mahara 1.5. It. I'd really appreciate any help or direction. Thanks so much! Valerie

[INF] b7 (lib/cron.php:46) ---------- cron running

[INF] b7 (lib/cron.php:153) Running core cron activity_process_queue

[INF] b7 (lib/cron.php:153) Running core cron import_process_queue

[INF] b7 (lib/cron.php:153) Running core cron user_login_tries_to_zero

[INF] b7 (lib/cron.php:153) Running core cron rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_dirty 

[INF] b7 (lib/cron.php:184) ---------- cron finished

] [INF] 4f (lib/cron.php:46) ---------- cron running

[INF] 4f (lib/cron.php:153) Running core cron rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_dirty 

I am also receiving this error: /bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `curl http://myhomeschoolclass.com/student-portfolios/lib/cron.php >'

Account deleted

19 May 2012, 14:06

I'm using CPanel to run the cron job command for curl.

Account deleted

20 May 2012, 17:00

Hi Valerie,

The lines you've put in bold are normal, there is a function called rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_dirty that is supposed to run frequently, so it's working as it should.  The syntax error is worth fixing - it sounds like you have a newline in the wrong place somewhere in your crontab.  But the messages you're seeing in the log indicate that the mahara cron job is running correctly at least.

Account deleted

21 May 2012, 8:03

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and clarifying this for me. I was confused since my error logs are filling up with this message but my cron does seem to be working. Now I need to figure out what this new line may be. That is not showing up in my error log but coming through as a error on the emails every time the cron runs (every minute). I'm using CPanel and the curl command.

Thanks! Valerie

4 results