Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrading to 1.5 issue on MySQL

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 May 2012, 17:32

Hi Cameron, I'm not aware of any need for the mahara db user to have global privileges. In my experience, the GRANT ALL command on the individual database (given in the installation instructions) has always been enough.  But there are plenty of ways of configuring MySQL that I haven't tried.  Perhaps it's sometimes necessary to list all the privileges explicitly.

Account deleted

22 May 2012, 20:01

Hi Richard,

However, I have been grant all command on the indvidiual mahara database but trigger permission issues is still happened. It seems that some extra permission that I must grant to upgrade mahara 1.5

Account deleted

22 May 2012, 20:36

I find the solution why mahara 1.5 cannot be upgraded in mysql 5.1.x version.

it seems it is related to the binary-logging enabled issues.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=39489

I have added log-bin-trust-function-creators = 1 in my.cnf and restart mysql

Now upgrade mahara 1.5 is successfully even if I only grant  all on dividual mahara database only.

Account deleted

24 May 2012, 1:42

From mysql doc.

set "log-bin-trust-function-creators=1" and set binlog_format=mixed or row is a must for mahara user to create trigger.

ALso, I find the trigger is used to ,insert,update and delete notification_internal_activity table.

However, I don't add this setting whether it affect the trigger can be processed or not because this setting may effect the data if the function is not deterministic.

Does anyone know how to test the trigger to verify it is working in my server.

Does anyone have this experiences?

William

Account deleted

24 May 2012, 18:02

One way to test the trigger is as follows.  Get two browsers, and log in as the user 'admin' in one, log in as the user 'bob' in the other.

As bob, go to Settings -> Notifications and change the "Message from other users" preference to "Inbox".

Now as admin, send a message to bob.

As bob, reload the dashboard a few times and look at the unread message count in the top right.  If you see it increase by one after half a minute or so, the trigger is working.

15 results