Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New version of Europass plugin

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

09 May 2012, 4:51

Europass plugin version 2.0.4 is released!

Changes to the new version of the plugin:

• Fixed blocktype europassfield (displaying Europass Application and Driving Licence(s) fields)
  • Fixed blocktype mylanguages, thanks to Dominique-Alain Jan
  • Added error reporting from Europass webservice
  • Tested Export functionallity on Mahara 1.4 and 1.5 with MySQL and PostgreSQL (all 4 combinations seem to work)
  • Fixed problems related with PostgreSQL (which is more strict than MySQL), thanks to Geza Gemes
  • Fixed problems related to data JSON encoding, thanks to Geza Gemes
  • Added more user-friendly error reporting when generating Export

The plugin can be downloaded from: https://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=11061

If anybody finds additional bugs, etc. please let me know...

Gregor

Conrad Lienhardt's profile picture

05 October 2012, 11:21

Hello Gregor,

I am using Mahara 1.5.3 and latest Europass plugin. Altough I have choosen Geman for the default language the europass doesn't use its German language packs but remains in English with all formating consequences such as date ...

Is there a way to clear this up?

Thanks in Advance und Kind Regards
Conrad

07 October 2012, 6:00

The only thing that occurs to me is that you should check if the language files are in the right place. EG: If you have other mahara language files inside dataroot the Europass plugin language files should also go there...

Apart from that currently I really have no idea and would need some more data.

HTH, Gregor

Ali Hastie's profile picture

10 November 2012, 4:41

Hi Gregor

What are the best options as in uninstalling Europass 1.4.0 plugin using MYSQL?

Cheers

10 November 2012, 9:14

Hi Ali.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to do. Do you want to complelety remove Europass plugin or do you want to upgrade it straight from 1.4.0 to latest version?!?

I've experienced some problems with Europass plugin latela. It turned out they are connected to PHP bug of some sort...

Cheers, G

Ali Hastie's profile picture

12 November 2012, 1:34

Hi Gregor

Looking to completely remove the Europass plugin.

Cheers

Ali

31 December 2012, 11:17

Sorry for late reply. I was wrestling with Europass plugin, Cloud plugin and other things...

The procedure for removing Europass would be something like this (haven't tested it, so...):

Using phpMyAdmin (or some other MySQL GUI tool, e.g. HeidiSQL):

1. Remove all artefacts related to Europass. These artefacts are: 'mothertongue', 'otherlanguage', 'languagediploma', 'languageexperience', 'application', 'socialskill', 'organisationalskill', 'technicalskill', 'computerskill', 'artisticskill', 'otherskill', 'drivinglicence', 'additionalinfo' and 'annexes'. Remove each one of them using SQL sentence, like this one (don't forget to add table prefix, if your tables have one!):
DELETE FROM 'artefact' WHERE artefacttype = 'mothertongue';

2. Completely remove/drop the following tables: 'artefact_europass_languagediploma', 'artefact_europass_languageexperience', 'artefact_europass_mothertongue' and 'artefact_europass_otherlanguage' (or if you have an older version, just drop all artefact-europass_* tables).

3. Remove/delete all "europass" lines from table 'artefact_installed_types', using SQL sentence:
DELETE FROM 'artefact_installed_type' WHERE plugin = 'europass';

4. Remove/delete installed "europass" plugin line from table 'artefact_installed', using SQL sentence:
DELETE FROM 'artefact_installed' WHERE name = 'europass';

5. Not sure (haven't checked) what/if anything needs to be deleted from 'view' or 'view_artefact' or any other table???

This should completely remove Europass plugin from Mahara...

HTH, Gregor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 January 2013, 6:49

Hi,

These further results turned up on my installation. Sorry is in Dutch, please read overeenkomsten = matches.

• 1 overeenkomst in de tabel block_instance
  • 4 overeenkomsten in de tabel blocktype_installed
  • 3 overeenkomsten in de tabel blocktype_installed_category
  • 12 overeenkomsten in de tabel blocktype_installed_viewtype

I came across a constraint but could delete the responding table with this command:

SET foreign_key_checks = 0; DELETE FROM `database_name`.`artefact_installed` WHERE `artefact_installed`.`name` = 'europass';

Volker

17 November 2012, 1:53

Hello Gregor.

First, thank your very much for Slovenian translate of Mahara and for this great Europass plugin.

- I have the same problem with selecting language as Conrad has. My workaround was simple renaming all sl.utf8 files to en.utf8.

- I upgraded Mahara to 1.6.1 and now, when i put Europass curriculum vitae or Europass language portfolio on page, there is no content, only block title.

Any suggestion how to solve this?

Thanks and Best Regards

Andrej

31 December 2012, 11:31

Sorry for late reply. I recently noticed the same behaviour... upon my investigation it turned out, that this behaviour is related to some sort of PHP bug (at least at my system), because I could not load XML using DOMDocument's function loadXML.

I was able to overcome that problem using function simplexml_load_string.

Due to my lack of time I didn't uploaded new version of Europass plugin and thus haven't wrote any notice or follow-up.

Anyway, the new version (hopefully everything will work for you) is available at https://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=11061

HTH, Gregor

21 results