Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New Installation won't change Admin password

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 May 2012, 13:24

I just completed installing Mahara 1.5.

When I attempt to log in it understandably wants me to change the Admin password.

When I attempt to change the password and add my valid email address, I get sent back to the login page again. From there the only password that gets me back in again is the default password.

I've gone around in the apparent "password setting loop" long enough to get locked out twice.

I've checked file and folder permissions on the server and don't think that's it.

When I set up the config.php file I gave it a random hash code. Might the random password hashing routine be causing my problem?

If so, can I edit the config.php file to remove it. Or is that damage already done?

In which case I'll detete all the files and folders, delete the existing database and start over again.

I've read the troubleshooting tips and attempted to search in the installation probs forum for a posting containing a workable solution. No luck.

I just joined your forum and haven't figured out yet how to seach within.  If a posted solution is here somewhere, I'd appreciate a pointer to where that might be.

Sorry for the bother. I can usually solve most installation problems myself. This one's got me stopped cold.

Bob Blomeyer

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 May 2012, 17:19

Hi Bob,

I don't think anyone's mentioned this on the forums before, so your help would be appreciated.  Can you remember if you changed the hash in config.php before or after you first set the password?  There might be some ordering that causes the loop, in which case we'll either fix that, or make the installation instructions clearer.  If you have the same problem again on a fresh installation after dropping the database, let us know.

R.

09 May 2012, 9:05

Hi Richard,

I had the same problem when I upgraded one of my Mahara test server from 1.4 to 1.5. The problems continued after having removed the database and recreated everything from scratch.

To overcome this issue I had to kill the database and clear the core php files and reinstall everything with git.

Cheers,

-dajan

3 results