Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation Difficulty Mahara 1.5 php and cron

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 May 2012, 22:23

Hello,

I am encountering a few difficulties with my installation of Mahara 1.5. I'm installing in a subdirectory on Bluehost.

#1 Cron job is not being recognized on Mahara installation. My cron job appears to be working on my host.  (The cron job was installed via C-Panel and is producing emails every minute).

#2 My php session.entrophy_length = 16 in my php.ini file is not recognized by Mahara. I have not been able to eliminate this warning from Mahara.

I am using Bluehost with SQL 5.1.61, PHP 5.3.11.

I am trying to integrate with a Moodle 2.2.2. site.

Any insight is appreciated as I've been stumbling around with this for hours and hours now.

Thank you!

Valerie

Account deleted

06 May 2012, 13:42

hello, 

i have the same problem as you. I'm in the same process: I have a Moodle 2.2.2 integrate with Mahara 1.4.2. I have had some problems upgrading to Mahara 1.5.0 version. When I finally resolve this issue, the cron job not working and I get those warning message about php session.entropy. I don´t know how to fix this problem. I put a php.ini in the Mahara folder with php session.entrophy lengh in 16 but i don't know if my server admits thats file works properly. I tried also putting this instruction in an .htaccess file, but still don't working. But now my cron job runs normally. My Mahara site is in a free hosting (x10hosting) and the cron job put it on Cpanel every 5 minutes (the free hosting has limits). The solution I'd found was upload again the cron.php file overwrigting the previous one.

I hope this can help you. If you found a solution about the warning message, please post it

Thanks!

Javier

Account deleted

06 May 2012, 13:46

Sorry, I forgot it:

My cron job calling cron.php via web, like this example:

* * * * * curl http://your-mahara-site.org/lib/cron.php
Account deleted

06 May 2012, 14:43

Hi Javier,

I have resolved the session.entropy_length php problem. I Changed my php 5.3 to single php.ini, copied the php.ini to my subdirectory and made the change there once again. Now Mahara is recognizing the correct session. entropy.

However, Mahara is not recognizing my cron job which is running. I'll try your suggestion. Also, I changed by database from SQL 5 to Postgre 8.

Thank you for the response!

Valerie

4 results