Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrade Mhara 1.4 to 1.5

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 April 2012, 11:43

Hello

Currently I got installed Mahara 1.4 on Ubuntu. I want install the latest mahara version (1.5).

It is possible to make an upgrade from a previos version?  If it does, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Hugo

Ali Hastie's profile picture

23 April 2012, 14:41

Hi Hugo

Here you go:

https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Upgrading_Mahara

Remember to backup your database etc before carrying out the upgrade, just in case something goes wrong and you can revert to your backup.

Cheers

Ali

Account deleted

24 April 2012, 5:59

Hi Ali

Thanks for your support.

K.r.

Hugo

23 April 2012, 16:14

Hello Hugo,

You already has received the link to the doc about the upgrade. I want to add two things to this :

1. Always backup your database and your htdocs files to be able to reinstall the previous version in case of problem with the upgrade
  2. There is an issue in upgrading a database which is not with a collation set to utf8_general_ci, so be sure you have the right collation before upgrading your Mahara. Change it for utf8_general_ci if not set to it

As I have notices in the bug tracker, a new release (1.5.1), that wont' stall with database on the wrong collection, should be on the git soon.

-dajan

Account deleted

24 April 2012, 6:00

Hi Dajan

Thanks for your recomendations, I will take into account, and I will looking forward by the new release.

K.r.

Hugo

5 results