Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Advanced SSO: Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 March 2009, 10:39

Hi all,

I've just installed Mahoodle, following the steps that are in the Mahoodle.pdf document from Moodle Docs.

Users can log in Moodle, and log in Mahara through Network Services block. But it is not working doing users log in Mahara  directly without going through Moodle, even after I've made the instructions on section 'Advanced SSO into Moodle', from the pdf document.

In Mahara side, logged as administrator, I put parent authority as internal, in the XMLRPC plugin. Save changes. After this, when a user logged in moodle access Mahara SSO link, it is automatically logged in Mahara. There is no step where is asked to him for changing his password, telling to Mahara that the user has no ‘internal’ authentication plugin yet.

The result is that a moodle user can not access Mahara outside Moodle.

Please, could anyone help on this?

Moodle version: 1.9.4+(Build: 20090326)

Mahara version: 1.1.2

Regards, Cassia.

Account deleted

27 March 2009, 12:00

Hello Cassia,

If the users  were created before you enabled the Advance SSO settings -that is, they just roamed from Moodle to Mahara by using the bassic SSO configuration-, they will never be asked for a password even if you have changed to Advanced SSO. These users have already  an account created at Mahara as remote users (check table usr and you will see the users names and the field "password" empty). 

Try with a new user who has never logged in Mahara. Does it ask you now for a password?

Regards

Account deleted

27 March 2009, 12:13

... I forgot to mention that, if what you want if that users can log in Mahara without having to log from Moodle, you can configure additional autho instances -LDAP or IMAP, for instance- along with the XMLRPC.

However, once a user is authenticated in Mahara through a particular autho instance, he/she has to stick to that particular authoinstance. 

Regards

Account deleted

27 March 2009, 13:13

Hi, you're right! I've created a new user and the screen asking for a new password was showed. And after that, user can log in Mahara without being logged in Moodle.

Thanks! Regards, Cassia.
Account deleted

11 October 2010, 9:09

Thanks for the explanation.

As it is logical, deleting the Mahara account for the user, also works, asking for a new password the next time SSO is used, and creating the Mahara internal account.

I think that the "Mahoodle" document is quite misleading about this issue, because the Rosa Parks' account is used first for SSO only, and then again for SSO+internal, without any reference to deleting the Rosa Parks' account in Mahara in between. That should be clarified.

Greetings.

5 results