Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Shared Page Best Practices

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 March 2012, 13:14

Hi There,

We're using Mahara for the first semester and I had a general question for those who have been using it for a longer period of time.

Regarding Shared Pages ... from the faculty perspective ...

How do you help faculty keep their GROUP > SHARED PAGES area manageable from semester-semester?

I know that my ADMIN account on Mahara has a long list of shared pages and as faculty move forward, I can see them having issues with navigating this area in a new semester.

Some of my thoughts would be:

1) Have students update their Shared Pages on a regular basis, especially at the end of the semester.

2) Use Tags on pages to indicate a Course ID and/or Semester so that faculty can search/filter while in the GROUP > SHARED PAGES area by the tags.

We've decided NOT to use the Course Groups > Submit Page for Assessment feature ... at least DURING the semester ... as it locks students out of their portfolio and linked journals, and we need students to be continually working on their ePortfolios/Journal. the Submit Page for Assessment seems like a better option for an end-of-semester activity where an ePortfolio is "finished" and at a point where the student is ready for more formal feedback/assessment on their work.

Thoughts? Do you know of any other good resources out there that illustrate how other institutions are structuring the use of Mahara/ePortfolios?

Eric

1 result