Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Calendar not working?!

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

27 March 2009, 2:21

I tried to translate Mahara into Slovenian and get strange "response". When I try to click on Calendar icon in Profile -> My Resume (Mahara switched to  Slovenian language) nothing happens. If I switch Mahara to English language again, then all seems to work perfectly OK.

So I guess it is a "translation thing"?

Help, please.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 March 2009, 22:07

Hi - it's quite possibly because the calendar doesn't have a solvenian translation installed - or maybe the solvenian translation file is broken. It might be a problem that we could look into once your translation is available, but in the meantime note that you shouldn't have to translate the calendar if it already has a translation file for Solvenian. You can check that by looking in htdocs/js/jscalendar/lang/

30 March 2009, 5:12

Found the solution!
Slovenian translation is installed, but is an older version and also, the name of the file is wrong.
Current file in htdocs/js/jscalendar/lang/ is calendar-si.js, which is obviously wrong (because si stands for Slovenia as country and not for Slovenian as language)

The correct file would be htdocs/js/jscalendar/lang/calendar-sl.js - the simple renaming of file wouldn't do much good, because it's an older version of translation file. I'll send you (Nigel) the translation file with correct version and filename.

Account deleted

31 March 2009, 16:55

Thanks Gregor - received and committed Cool
Account deleted

10 December 2009, 21:23

Hi

I tried to translate Mahara into Portuguese and get strange "response". When I click on Calendar icon in Profile -> My Resume (Mahara switched to Portuguese language) the days, week number and weekday I “get” the value undefined. If I switch Mahara to English language again, then all seems to work perfectly OK.

I check by looking in htdocs/js/jscalendar/lang/ and I found calendar-pt.js - it´s Portuguese from brasil, but works.

Thanks

21 December 2009, 9:21

Sorry for my late reply, I Had a lot of other things to take care of...

Do you - I mean Portugese language - have any special (accented, etc...) characters in your names for months/days. If so, please let me know.

I will have to look, to remember, how I've translatednames of months/days. I recall, I've aslo had a lot of problems.

Maybe post sometnihg new here tomorow.

Cheers, G

22 December 2009, 4:58

I've also checked the calendar-pt.js and found out, that you have no special characters for names of months and days (I hope that I am right...)

I've never been in this position, since we speak slovenian only in Slovenia. But as far as I know, portugese is spoken in Portugal, Brasil and maybe somwhere else?

So I am guessing, you should name the files:

calendar-pt_PT. js - for portugese/Portugal version
calendar-pt_BR.js - for portugese/Brasil version

You should really check official web page at http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/ or contact the author (of the calendar component) - Mihai Bazon.

Cheers, G

7 results