Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 February 2012, 3:30

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of creating my own theme for Mahara and would like to change the default Avatar (no_userphoto.png).  Does anyone know if I can do this from within my custom theme or do I have to physically overwrite the out-of-the-box core default avatar?

TIA for any help!

Dave

Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

29 February 2012, 8:07

Hello David,

You should be able to override it from your theme, the file should have the same name and located in static/images/ subdirectory within your theme.

Account deleted

05 March 2012, 3:25

Hello Ruslan,

Thank you very much for your advice.  Using your method most of the avatar images have changed but if I click Groups -> Find Friends I can see the list of users all have the correct avatar but the current-user status image on the right side of this screen still shows the original out-of-box avatar.  It isn't taking it from static/images/

Thank you for your continued help,

David

Account deleted

19 March 2012, 18:11

Hi David,

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/803726

If you're affected by this bug you need to either change the file in the raw theme, or change your site theme, at least until you have v1.5.

Also the no_userphoto image in the raw theme appears in several sizes, so make sure you override or replace all of those.

R.

Account deleted

20 March 2012, 2:55

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response.  Looks like this is a known issue (glad it's not just me!).  I'll read the bug notice and act accordingly.  Thanks again,

Dave

5 results