Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Blogs

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 March 2009, 8:43

Hi,

I am using this site as part of a course requirement to present an eportfolio.  We have to create a blog and get feedback from others.  How do I go about this on Mahara?  And how do I invite others to the site?  Formal invitation or just leave the blog open to the public?

thanks,

sheila

Account deleted

25 March 2009, 8:45

PS  my feedback has to be from other classmates of mine.

And,...once I get feedback in a blog I am to incorporate it into the presentation.  What would be the best way to do this?  A view?  thx

Account deleted

25 March 2009, 10:06

Hello Sheila,

The best way of doing this (I hope that there will be no problem with Moodle.org, as we can use this site as our own eportfolio) is to create a group and invite to your peers to that group. It could be a request membership or owner controlled group, so you make sure that only your peers have access to it.

Then, you can create a view with either your blog artefact in Mahara or the RSS from any possible external blog. 

If you are new with Mahara, maybe these demo videos I created may be of help for you:

http://slip.moodle.carnegiecollege.ac.uk/file.php/1/mahara_mock_space/Building_Your_Portfolio/Building%20Your%20Portfolio.html

http://slip.moodle.carnegiecollege.ac.uk/file.php/1/mahara_mock_space/Mahara%20in%2010%20minutes/Mahara%20in%2010%20Minutes.html

Greetings from Edinburgh!

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

25 March 2009, 10:17

Hi Sheila,

greetings from Germany Wink

It was a very good solution to use Mahara to create and present your E-Portfolio.

About your questions:

You create a blog in your "My Portfolio" area. The link is on the right side under Navigation.Click "My Portfolio" "My Blogs" and create a blog. The blogpostings could be made privat till you decide to publish them. Altho they are not public to anyone till you create a view and insert them here.

If you want feedback from others, your course collegues, they need also a Mahara acount because only registrated users can post fa feedback. Write a E-Mail to them and show them how to join the mahara.org community Cool

In the next step you create a view. You will find it under "My Portfolio" "My Views". You choose the needed block from the tabs at the top of the editing window. in your case "Blogs" There are 3 options: whole blog, recent blogpostings or single blogposting. 

You can alter the layout of the view (2 columns) insert pics, write text in a textbox, insert profil information and other godies.

The final step is to give other users the permission to see your view. please give my a signal if you need further  assistance. feel free to ask if my explanation is nonspecific.

cheers Heinz

4 results