Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Group notifications option unchecked by default

Shen Zhang's profile picture

26 January 2012, 6:14

There is a new feature from version 1.3.6, which has an option selected by default to send notifications to all group members everytime a member of a group shares a view. However, we would like this option not selected by default. We found a solution on the forum as follows: The block of code below appears around lines 81-85 (about half way down) in the file create.php which is located in the /group folder. Changing the '1' to a '0' will do the trick. $elements['viewnotify'] = array(     'type' => 'checkbox',     'title' => get_string('viewnotify', 'group'),     'description' => get_string('viewnotifydescription', 'group'),     'defaultvalue' => 1 It does uncheck the check box on the group creation page. However, the viewnotify column in the group table in the database still set to 1. Am I supposed to make this change? Or is there anything else that I should do to make it work properly? The server environment is as follows: Mahara version 1.4.1 PHP version 5.3.8 PG version 8.3 Thanks Shen
Shen Zhang's profile picture

26 January 2012, 6:25

Sorry the above posting is in one paragraph. I tried to fix it but couldn't. Shen
2 results