Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Assign page to another user

Gordon McLeod's profile picture

10 January 2012, 9:25

Hi,

One of our staff is about to be seconded to a new project, and wants to assign Mahara resource pages he created for his classes to other tutors on the course. Only problem is - they were developed as personal rather than group pages.

The best solution I can come up with is to export the page and for the new editor(s) to take the file and import it (ideally into a controlled group).

I guess it's possible to hack database to switch who owns the file (would have to sit & think how), but I'm reluctant to put the database at risk to do that. I'd welcome any alternative suggestions. I think this probably has wider implications for all institutions as staff inevitably leave...

Thanks.

10 January 2012, 13:59

I don't see other options than those you already have pointed out. I think that exporting the eportfolio as a website and re-importing it into the group page as is would be the solution I would go for.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

-dajan

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 January 2012, 15:16

Gordon, have you tried turning on "copying allowed" on the page, giving access to the group and copying it from the group area?  Some components (like blogs and resume fields) won't copy over to a group, so if there are a lot of those you could also ask the tutors to copy them as personal pages.

11 January 2012, 3:14

Hi Dajan & Richard,

Thanks for your responses. I had considered allow copying but as you say some objects like blog posts aren't pulled through, so it seemed less useful - last time I experimented with it only about 1/2 the contents of the page came through into the copy.

Cheers, Gordon.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 January 2012, 15:28

I'm afraid you'll have no luck with blog posts on group pages at all, whether you're copying, importing, or just creating them from scratch.

If you find that blog/blogpost blocks aren't being copied over to other personal pages, you can change the copy settings for those particular block types in the block configuration.  By default the blogs themselves don't get copied along with the view, but if you change the setting to "Others will get their own copy of your journal", then the blogs will be copied too.

12 January 2012, 3:42

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the tip.

6 results