Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Language on Public pages

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 January 2012, 4:06

Hi Richard, It would be really appreciated if the 'lang'-parameter could be part of all url:s in Mahara. This would facilitate working with multi-lingual sites as we do. Within the same Mahara installation we will have users speaking different languages, creating content in their own language and when they want do pass on url:s to their public pages it should be as easy as just copying the url in the address field.

Cheers, Jonas

12 January 2012, 6:05

Jonas,

I think we should have a broader discussion about this feature. Originally, anyone can tell me I am wrong whether I am, Mahara is a project for NZ and around. I suspect that the idea of having different localised version of a same ePorfolio or having a portfolio with a combination of different languages was not a key feature to develop.

In Europe ePortfolio is a tool that fosters search for jobs inside but moreover outside the residential country, in an geographical context where we are rapidly surrounded by foreign languages.

We should maybe discuss how to implement soon or later some functions such as LinkedIn multilingual Resume and interface, into Mahara.

The URL lang parameter is then only one aspect of a wider reality.

I am certain there is no time and resource to think this could be implemented into 1.5 but for later release, a reflection on this theme may be conducted, in the wiki or in the forums.

Cheers,

-dajan

10 January 2012, 10:02

Hi Richard,

I have tried to add a "?lang=xx.utf8" at the end of an URL address on Mahara, but is doesn't work. Are you sure you are dealing with such parameters in your code?

Cheers,

-dajan

09 January 2012, 16:45

Yes,

See Richard's answer

-djan

14 results