Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
order of views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 March 2009, 2:09

this might be a dumb question, but can I change the order of how the views appear - at the moment they are chronological but I might want alphabetical - or order of importance.  How can this be done?
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

23 March 2009, 6:45

Hi Lenva,

there are no dumb questions ;-) Each question is a opportunity for all of us to learn more about things. Cool

The view order is alphabetical and there is no way to select a different order. A workaround is to start the view names with some sorting criteria.

I use numbers and the at the moment most important view is name "01", "02" and so on.  This is a good help if you have a couple of views and don´t want to scroll thru the thousand of pages.

hope that helps

Heinz 

Account deleted

23 March 2009, 15:17

Thank you for your reply - that is a big help.   Just one more question - is there any way you can have views that don't show up on the view main page, but can be used just for links.    I have so many views it's getting hard to sort them.   I kind of want to bundle some of them up into one view.
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

23 March 2009, 16:16

Hi Lenva,

hmmm. I understand your problem. An idea would be to create groups for special tasks and create the views in this special group area. Would be nice to play with this thought

Heinz

Account deleted

23 March 2009, 19:49

Hi - we have been thinking about these things too, and we've had some ideas. One might be to allow people to create many 'pages' in a View, which means they don't need so many Views in total. But it would be nice to allow people to sort and categorise their own Views too.
Account deleted

23 March 2009, 20:37

This is exactly what I mean - we would really find a feature like this useful as often the portfolio entries are quite complex and could take up several pages.
6 results