Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara-Log in problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 December 2011, 12:55

Hi there...
Recently i installed Mahara using wampserver, on Windows 7. I followed a tutorial and everything worked perfectly... Unfortunatelly a very weird problem occured and i really don't know what to do...a gave a username and a password and then i surfed as an admin in my localhost mahara page. Then, i turned off my laptop...a few hours later i opened my mahara page in localhost again and i noticed it had logged my out...the strange part is that i tried to log in and i am not allowed! the message reads "You have not provided the correct credentials to log in. Please check your username and password are correct." Of course they were correct so i didn't know what to do so i tried the register button but there was another rejection because after i typed my name etc and pressed REGISTER that message appeared: "Sorry, your registration attempt was unsuccessful. This is our fault, not yours. Please try again later. "
P.S. I deleted Mahara and wamp and did the whole thing again...everything went exactly in the same way....i registered succesfully and was able to do administrator changes but a few hours later i was logged off etc......

Any Ideas???? thanks in advance...

Account deleted

11 December 2011, 14:30

Hi Nikos,

I'm afraid I haven't come across the problem of being unable to log in with the correct username & password before, but I've never used Mahara on Windows.  Hopefully someone else will be able to help with that one.

The registration error you're getting is usually a result of Mahara being unable to send email for some reason, so you should have a look at the email settings on your server, and make sure that php can send email.  There are some other threads about this if you search in these forums, and some more information on the wiki at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Troubleshooting

Account deleted

11 December 2011, 15:50

Solved...apparently i didn't notice that my default user name was "admin"...such a childish mistake...sorry i wasted your time.

A post by Account deleted was deleted

4 results