Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation : a NULL value violates a NOT NULL constraint...

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 December 2011, 10:56

Hi,

Trying to nstall Mahara, I keep getting this error:

Failed to get a recordset: postgres7 error: [-1: ERREUR: une valeur NULL viole la contrainte NOT NULL de la colonne « version »] in adodb_throw(INSERT INTO "artefact_installed" ("name") VALUES (?), Array) Command was: INSERT INTO "artefact_installed" ("name") VALUES (?) and values was (file)

Call stack (most recent first):
  • insert_record("artefact_installed",object(stdClass)) at/homez.86/moneport/www/lib/upgrade.php:397
  • upgrade_plugin(object(stdClass)) at/homez.86/moneport/www/admin/upgrade.json.php:94

Any help would be greatly appreciated: Thanks in advance!

Philippe

PS: Shared hosting (provided by OVH),
Postgres database,
chmod 755 (provider doesn't allow chmod 777) on www and maharadata directories 

--

Account deleted

04 December 2011, 14:59

Hi Philippe,

I haven't seen that error before.  Is it a standard Mahara 1.4.1?

On the install screen, do you see core and artefact.plans install successfully first, before the failure with artefact.file?

Account deleted

05 December 2011, 6:39

Hi Richard!

Thanks for such a quick answer!

Yes, I think it's a standard Mahara 1.4.1 since I downloaded yesterday.

As for this installation, I wish I could tell you more... I re-re-tried to re-re-install but for now, Mahara says that my data directory is NOT writtable so it can't go any further. 

I don't understand as I've called it maharadata, it's chmod 755, it's at the same level as the www directory and I've given the real path (/homez.86/maharadata/) and yet, Mahara doesn't seem to be happy with this setting !?

I think I'm stuck, here... :-(

Any hint?

Thanks again,

Philippe

Account deleted

05 December 2011, 15:28

Hi Philippe, with the permissions, you really just need to make sure that the user which the webserver runs as has permission to write to /homez.86/maharadata/.  On debian/ubuntu, this user is called 'www-data', but it has a different name on other systems.  If you've set the permissions on maharadata to 755, it means only the owner of maharadata can write to it, so you would need to change the owner of maharadata to www-data (or whatever the webserver user is called).

Account deleted

06 December 2011, 3:39

Hi, Richard

I give up!

OVH, my hosting service provider, and you tell me two different things (re the real path) and whichever solution I try, neither will work. 

OVH says: the real path is "/homez.86/moneport/maharadata" and the rights should be set at 705.
You say: it's "/homez.86/maharadata" and the rights set at 777 (not allowed by OVH) or be given another owner. Damn if I know how to do that!

I think Id better stick to an "on the cloud" solution such as folior.me (which, ironically for me, runs on Mahara!).

Thanks anyway,

Philippe

Account deleted

06 December 2011, 15:26

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to imply anything about what your path should be, I just copied that out of your previous post.

Whatever the dataroot directory is, the webserver must be able to write to it.  It's never a good idea to set the permissions on your dataroot to 777 (writable by anyone), ideally you want it writable by the webserver and no one else.  Setting the permissions to 705, or 755 is good, because it'll only be writable by the owner, but this will only work for Mahara if you change the owner as well. I don't know about shared hosts, and I can't tell you how to do that on your system, but normally you'd use a command like "chown www-data /path/to/dataroot".

Someone else with experience of shared hosting may be able to help here.

6 results