Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
1 user in more institutions - which theme is shown?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 March 2009, 15:44

Hi there! What happens, when a user is a member in more than only 1 institution. Which theme will be shown, when every instituation as it's own layout? By the way: Can a user switch between his institutions? So long, Dietmar
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

22 March 2009, 4:33

Hello Dietmar,

greetings from Germany ;-)

As far as I know the theme of the institution is used. I have to check this., but I think that during the login the users selects for which institution he wants to login. So Mahara knews which theme to use.

Hope that helps

Heinz

Account deleted

22 March 2009, 5:50

Hi Heinz! Greetings from Austria ;-) As you know, the admin is able to map users to more than only 1 institution. What happens If a user is in the institution (for example) "Berlin" and "Munich"? Which theme will be shown? Is the user able to switch between his institutions and so between themes?
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

22 March 2009, 6:16

Hallo Dietmar,

I think it would be a good exercise to test the situation you mention in a real situation/simulation. Do you setup a mahara site for testing? Otherwise feel free to join my site http://ewiesion.com/mahara and we play with it.

Feel free to contact me via skype (h1moodle)

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

22 March 2009, 16:42

I think the current behaviour is that one of those themes will be shown, but the user cannot choose which one, and there is no way for the administrator to prioritise institutions or themes. So whether the user sees the Berlin or Munich theme will probably depend on something fairly arbitrary like the order in which those institutions are returned from the database.
5 results