Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
multiple login request

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 November 2011, 13:03

what is happening  that i dont know how to fix is that every link i click on ( once logged in as a user or admin) it asks me to enter my username and password again.

Any thoughts on this

Im using 1and1 hosting and dont think i have a Server Alias for my site . so the other reason stated in the faq is not having the correct rootpath .

so i put

echo getcwd(); on my index.php and this is what i get for the true rootdirector  /homepages/32/d386242648/htdocs/vm2001

previous to this i had it as $cfg->dataroot = 'vm2001'  and this was working(but with multiple login requests) , 

but once i changed it to this  /homepages/32/d386242648/htdocs/vm2001 i got an error from mahara stating

Mahara: Site unavailable

You have set up your data root to be inside your document root. This is a large security problem, as then anyone can directly request session data (in order to hijack other peoples' sessions), or files that they are not allowed to access that other people have uploaded. Please configure the data root to be outside of the document root.
As far as i could check on 1and1 i dont have any access besides the root . should i move a folder or something somewhere else? and where and how.
thank you
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 November 2011, 16:39

Hi Sarkis,

Review this posting to determine if your answers are here: < http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4103 >.

Thank you

A post by Account deleted was deleted

3 results