Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Getting page submission emails twice

Conrad Lienhardt's profile picture

11 November 2011, 9:19

Hello,

Days ago I got Error Messages like this:

Exception 'EmailException' with message 'Couldn't send email to ****** with subject e-Portfolio *****: Page submitted to ***. Error from phpmailer was: SMTP Error: Data not accepted.
SMTP server error: ' in /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/user.php:457

But never had Problems in receiving mails and notifications.

Since then I 've received all messages twice. (No error message has occurred since then)
I tried to solve the problem, but couldn't even locate the reason.

May be that two failures have to be seen together.  I have posted the other in a separate post:
http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4156

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance and Regards,
Conrad

Here follows the log of one Error Message

#0 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/notification/email/lib.php(97): email_user(Object(stdClass), NULL, 'e-Portfolio Dr....', 'You have been s...', NULL, NULL)
#1 [internal function]: PluginNotificationEmail::notify_user(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
#2 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/mahara.php(1184): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(462): call_static_method('PluginNotificat...', 'notify_user', Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
#4 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(489): ActivityType->notify_user(Object(stdClass))
#5 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(82): ActivityType->notify_users()
#6 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(50): handle_activity(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
#7 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(476): activity_occurred('maharamessage', Object(stdClass))
#8 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(489): ActivityType->notify_user(Object(stdClass))
#9 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(82): ActivityType->notify_users()
#10 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(50): handle_activity(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
#11 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(476): activity_occurred('maharamessage', Object(stdClass))
#12 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(489): ActivityType->notify_user(Object(stdClass))
#13 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(82): ActivityType->notify_users()
#14 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/activity.php(50): handle_activity(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass))
#15 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/user/requestfriendship.php(117): activity_occurred('maharamessage', Object(stdClass))
#16 [internal function]: requestfriendship_submit(Object(Pieform), Array)
#17 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/pieforms/pieform.php(512): call_user_func_array('requestfriendsh...', Array)
#18 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/pieforms/pieform.php(161): Pieform->__construct(Array)
#19 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/lib/pieforms/pieform.php(71): Pieform::process(Array)
#20 /home/.sites/383/site150/web/portfolio/user/requestfriendship.php(79): pieform(Array)
#21 {main}

11 November 2011, 14:19

Hello,

Recognized  bugs,

(1) The e-mail settings don't work. All the same, whether is is active or not, emails are delivered (twice).

(2) All the same, whether in Site Option SMTP is set or not, email is delivered (twice)

Hope someone can give help.
Thanks and Regard,
Conrad

François Marier's profile picture

13 November 2011, 16:28

Hi Conrad,

What "email settings" are you referring to exactly?

If you put this in your config.php, it should disable the sending of all emails:

$cfg->sendemail = false;

As for the SMTP settings in the admin area, not putting anything there means that Mahara will use the system mail server (through the "sendmail" command).

Cheers,

Francois

13 November 2011, 18:02

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your reply and advice. Putting the line in my config works. But this overrides the settings of all members and this is not, what I intend.

I can change every setting towards emails. None of them changes my last preference. Can't get that actualized.

Think that this bug relates to Latest Pages. Because this Latest Page Block doesn't work for me, since the error message from above has been sent. Whenever I integrate Latest Pages Block in a page, the page goes unavailable. (This happens only in my account. No one else noticed such bugs.) So I presume, that a certain generated message corrupted mysql and this causes the bugs.
Where in mysql are messages stored?

Thanks and regards,
Conrad

4 results