Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
New version of PortfolioUP for Mahara 1.4 and older versions

Scott Gage's profile picture

21 December 2011, 17:10

Hi Kien,

We have the latest version of PortfolioUP installed on our 1.4 instance of Mahara, and we use LDAP authentication like Tim does. We also have SSL enabled on our Mahara instance.

So far we haven't been able to successfully upload any files from iPhones. Our users all get the same error:

portfolio up error

Could this be due to SSL or our LDAP settings?

Cheers,

Scott

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 January 2012, 4:46

Hi Scott,

Sorry for late reply as I'm in holiday.

The current PortfolioUp doesn't support for SSL. With Mahara 1.4, it can work with most of authentication methods ( LDAP, SSO...)

This will be fixed in next version of PortfolioUp.

Cheers,

Kien

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

17 February 2012, 4:51

Hello Kien

Do you have an idea when next version of PortfolioUp will be available, supporting SSL ?

Thanks,

Emilie Lenel

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

29 March 2012, 7:02

Hello Kien

I have Mahara 1.4 with XMLRPC authentification plugin (authentification SSO with Moodle)

I tried the PortfolioUP app, but have not been able to login successfully.  (error: can not upload the image. Please check your login settings or try again later)

Can you confirm that PortfolioUP can work with such a Mahoodle configuration ?

Thanks

Emilie

Account deleted

02 April 2012, 18:44

Hi there,

We are using Mahara 1.4.1 and PortfolioUp is working but it gives the user on the mobile device the error message

'Cannot upload the image. Please check your login settings or try again later'

This makes the user think it is not working. Any ideas why this is happening and how we can stop the error message?

Thanks, Heidi

Account deleted

25 April 2012, 20:51

Hi there,

We are using Mahara 1.4.1 and PortfolioUp is working but it gives the user on the mobile device the error message

'Cannot upload the image. Please check your login settings or try again later'

This makes the user think it is not working. Any ideas why this is happening and how we can stop the error message?

Thanks, Heidi

Any thoughts on the above?

Account deleted

27 April 2012, 0:33

Hi Heidi,

Did you configure the token in your Mahara profile? ( you can folow steps in this artical http://www.brightcookie.com/our-services/consulting-additional-services/portfolioup/ )

Account deleted

29 April 2012, 18:42

Thanks for the reply Kien.

Yes, I already followed those instructions and contacted Bright Cookie direct and they confirmed the URL I am using looks ok. I am a bit stuck now. I really want to advertise the mobile upload option but do not want to if it brings up an error message for the user ven though it is actually working. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Smile

Account deleted

27 April 2012, 0:29

Hi Emilie,

I can't say exact when but we will start on the next version very soon.

Cheers,

Kien

Account deleted

09 May 2012, 1:48

hi Kien

I've just been trying to use PortfolioUp on my iPad (I don't have Mahara installed yet, but have a client who wants to use tablets and ePortfolios, so I'm just trialling some ideas). 

The app crashes every time I launch it. I've quit out of most other apps so it's not a memory problem, also tried restarting the iPad, reinstalling - still no go. Is it maybe because I'm running iOS 5.1? I'm not even getting to the start screen so I'm assuming it's a system problem?

cheers, Sarah