Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New page access notice

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 October 2011, 23:38

All in all I think the changes in 1.4 are fantastic, but we are having a lot of trouble with the page access. Well way more than we used to anyway. Users are finding it much harder to use, and yet as a regular user I find it intuitive and a lot better. Just shows how different perspectives can be. Anyway, the problem we are having is that users (only th occasional one) are setting group permissions and click the community group at the same time. This then means that thousands of users worldwide then get what they consider is SPAM. Is there a way to block a community forum?

Although it is a user error not a Mahara error it is a real problem for us, and because we have thousands of individual users so it is hard to get the message through.

Cheers, Ian

foliospaces.com

Don Presant's profile picture

18 October 2011, 5:52

Hmm... looks like they're just clicking "All my groups", which includes your community group. I wonder if that button can be disabled?

Account deleted

18 October 2011, 16:17

Ian,

We had the same problem on mahara.org, which is why we added the "Shared page notifications" group setting.  It might be enough to just turn this off in your community group.

Account deleted

18 October 2011, 17:59

Thanks very much Richard. How simple was that. 

Cheers, Ian

4 results