Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Most popular pages statistics query

Mary Cooch's profile picture

14 October 2011, 13:03

Hi there. We are running 1.4 and using some pages as public pages and checking the "hits" of these pages to gauge popularity. It is all working fine but I have noticed that the statistics of the page hits seem only to be updated overnight for some reason even though I am informed cron is running every 15 minutes - am I correct or wrong in assuming it is cron that gives the latest page hits? When I test this out by going to certain pages a number of times and then running cron manually -nothing changes. But sure enough overnight those new "hits" will appear. I  am confused..?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 October 2011, 14:43

@Cooch,

As a matter of interest in the issue, can you post your < cron_log >, or < error_log > (that refers to your < CRON >.)

TY

14 October 2011, 15:29

Hi there - no-  I can't as I dont have access to it sorry.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 October 2011, 15:50

Hi Mary,

The cron job does indeed run every fifteen minutes (we monitor that to make sure). With Mahara, there are lots of things which happen in the cron job, and most of them only run at certain times - e.g. some only run once an our, some every time the cron is run, and some at certain times of the day.

I think that the page hit statistics are calculated by a cron job called cron_site_data_daily which runs at 51 minutes past 11 each night.

Hope that clarifies things,

Andrew

14 October 2011, 16:56

Thanks! That's great - I will pass the info onSmile

5 results