Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Controlled Groups

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 March 2009, 8:20

Hello,

If you add a blog post to a view and submit that view to a controlled group, the post remains editable, and changes are reflected in the view. So, the view is not actually locked / controlled and students can continue editing their work after submission. I know I have seen mention of this before but cannot find the thread / tracker. Can anyone tell me what is happening with this, or point me toward the relevant tracker?

Also, it would be very useful to have the "request access to this group" option available on controlled groups. At the moment it seems the only way to enrol students in a controlle group is for the teacher to hunt them all down individually and pull them in. Or, create a normal group, get them all to sign up for that and then edit it...

Regards, Jez

Account deleted

17 March 2009, 16:06

Yes, the first point is a limitation of the current system. We've had a few chats internally about how to deal with the issue, one thought is to add the concept of view revisions, so people can make a snapshot of their view at a point in time and submit that for assessment instead. Having a quick look through the trackers, I can't find a bug/feature request about it, though I was sure there was one...

Hasmeeta also brought up the same issue you did the other day regarding controlled groups and request membership. It seems to be something where maybe if we make a small tweak, it will make things much easier for people, so I'll have a chat to Richard Mansfield today about how much work it would be to do and see if we can do something on the 1.1 branch Smile

Account deleted

26 May 2009, 17:29

Hi

Could anyone tell me if this problem has been address or has it been put on hold 

Thanks 

Account deleted

26 May 2009, 18:11

Hi - the point about view revisions hasn't been addressed, but you can now, from Mahara 1.1.3, use 'request membership' with controlled groups.
Account deleted

26 May 2009, 22:25

Thanks Nigel have been following the issue regarding getting students into controlled groups (feature requests etc) The unability to lock artifacts for a fix period could be issue for us.
Account deleted

28 May 2009, 1:04

Hi Allan - the view revisions concept, while it would solve all those problems, isn't a small piece of work, so (as with other items on the Roadmap), we shall have to wait until someone is prepared to provide funding to implement it.
6 results