Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Missing Feedback button 1.4

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 September 2011, 5:12

Hi all,

I upgraded our 1.2.3 site to 1.4 about 1month ago. All seems well but i'm missing the feedback button when a users adds a folder to thier page.  So the only place a teacher can place feedback is on the full page itself, not within a folder that contains files.

Hope this makes sense and can anyone tell me the best way to  fix this?

We have  mahoodle set up.

thanks

john

Account deleted

06 September 2011, 17:43

John, it's possible but not obvious - the owner needs to edit the folder in the files area and click 'comments allowed', and the person looking at the page needs to click the title of the folder to get to the folder's page, where they can leave feedback.

The other thing you can do on the site level is go into the admin area, under extensions, and click the config link for the file artefact plugin.  At the bottom of the page, you can enable comments for folders by default, but that will only affect new folders.

Account deleted

07 September 2011, 2:56

Richard,

thanks for the reply.

I followed your second suggestion and turned comments on for all file types to all lecturer feedback and now new folders i create allow feedback to be added, thanks.

It would be good if this is more obvious as i had no idea how to fix this problem, maybe something for 1.5? :)

thanks again richard!

john

3 results