Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
PieForm

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 August 2011, 8:26

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a new pieform that shows in the index page, I manged to create a function that draws the pieform and display it on the template.

I manged to make it move the submitted data to another page in which handle the data there and redirect it back to the index.

I was wondering if I can make the index.php handle the submitted data insted of sending the user to another page, I already tried to work with function_submit but it didn't work out form, and the documentation for the pieform didn't cover that.

PS, I think friends control block already does do that.

Thanks in advance for your help

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 August 2011, 17:21

Hi Mohammad,

There are lots of examples where a form is processed on the same page as it's drawn, a very simple example is the contact.php page.

I don't know why your <formname>_submit function is not being called though, is it possible that there's a redirect on that page that is getting called before the pieform() function is called?

Also, I have an unrelated question for you: how would you feel about moving the Arabic translation to Launchpad (where it should be easier to keep up to date)?  Details are on this thread: http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=3826

2 results