Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Modifying Login Code

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 August 2011, 0:55

Hello there!!

I am developing SSO in my mahara site with my other site.

I have done this SSO process in the new page which I made in MAHARA and I am successful in it. I have made my cods for passing the username and password.

But I am having a problem that I want to call in on the submit button of the login block.

Need help that how can I make change in the login block coding so I can give code in the login form like:

<form .. action = "http://mysite.com/mypage" ...>

Thanks for any help in advance...

Regards..

Sid

Account deleted

04 August 2011, 8:26

Hi Sid,

I believe that the Janrain plugin that we wrote does something similar... you may want to take a look at that.

What is your SSO mechanism?

Andrew

Account deleted

04 August 2011, 22:34

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for replying.

I will have a look on the Janrain plugin.

I have made my own page for the SSO mechanism from my MAHARA site to another site (which in neither mahara nor moodle) on my local server.

I have created a form in a new page which is passing a username and password for the another website on the submit action of that form and I can successfully get logged in to that site.
But I want to provide a feature like a user automatically get logged in to that site, as he logs into the mahara site.

So, I want to pass the username and password to the web site, at the time of login action in mahara site.

Regards...
Sid

Account deleted

05 August 2011, 2:59

Hi Sid,

Are you sure there isn't a better way than passing a username and password around? Perhaps something like OAuth, or SAML, or cosign? As far as I'm aware, there isn't a hook for this kind of thing in Mahara.

Andrew

Account deleted

05 August 2011, 4:11

Hi Andrew,

I know this passing username and password method looks a bit improper for appplying and coding. But the solution which I need for the SSO and integration, I can find only this solution till yet for my systems.

I tried with some coding in the systems and I got what I needed at this level.

Even-though, I am looking at other options like addons and which you have mentioned here.

Thanks and Regards
Sid

5 results