Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
embedly

Conrad Lienhardt's profile picture

02 August 2011, 5:28

Hello,

I have a problem in using embedly.

I uploaded the plugin, installed it. In extension I can see the icon but with that texts: [[title/blocktype.embedly]] and [[description/blocktype.embedly]].
When taking the plugin into a page the texts are also shown as "Variable" like
"[[title/blocktype.embedly]]: Konfiguration"  or "[[showdescription/blocktype.embedly]]" - and it doesn't work.

Whats going wrong and how can I fix that?

Thanks in advance and Regards
Conrad

PS: Using Mahara 1.4; PHP 5.2.16; MySQL 5.1.52

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 August 2011, 5:48

Hi Conrad,

Which version of the Embed.ly plugin are you using?

I've just tried installing version 1.0.3 on a fresh install of Mahara 1.4 and the titles are present and correct. When you installed the plugin, did you copy the lang directory too? It sounds like you're missing the language strings.

Andrew

02 August 2011, 6:00

Hi Andrew,

I'm using the latest version 1.03 launched for Mahara 1.4

Conrad

Account deleted

02 August 2011, 6:05

Okay -- I've tested with 1.4.0 and 1.0.3 too.

Is the language file present? It should be in:

htdocs/blocktype/embedly/lang/en.utf8/blocktype.embedly.php

Andrew

02 August 2011, 6:47

The language file of embedly is placed at:

/artefact/file/blocktype/embedly/lang/de.utf8/blocktype.embedly.php

(even if using en instead of de the promblem persists)

Conrad

Account deleted

02 August 2011, 8:20

Hi Conrad,

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the embedly blocktype shoudl go into /blocktype rather than /artefact/file/blocktype... Perhaps someone could correct me if I'm wrong?

Andrew

02 August 2011, 10:13

Hi Andrew,

thx for your time and support!

You're right. The embed.ly plugin should be installed in blocktype not in artefact. I was on a wrong path.

So; I reinstalled the plugin in /blocktype. Now the problem with [[xxx]] is solved. But I can't deinstall the plugin from artefact and the installation of the plugin fails (because it is installed already.) In case I delete the plugin in artefact folder a bug is reportet and and the administration site doesn't load.

So how can I correct my misinstallation? Should I delete the install entry in MyPHP database?

I hope you have an idea. Thanks in advance.
Conrad

Account deleted

02 August 2011, 10:27

Hi Conrad,

First of all, back up your database!

I've just tested this but I'm not 100% familiar with this part of the datastructure. I don't believe that this change should break anything, but you can never be to certain.

First things first, you can only have one copy of the blocktype installed at once. I've just followed the following steps to successfully move the plugin from /artefact/file/blocktype/ to /blocktype/ :

• move artefact/file/blocktype/embedly blocktype
  • in the database:
  • begin;
  • update blocktype_installed set artefactplugin = null where name = 'embedly';
  • commit;

I believe that this database change should mean that you don't have to re-install the blocktype, or uninstall the artefact/file blocktype.

Andrew

02 August 2011, 12:26

Hi Andrew,

I did it; now embed.ly is installed under path blocktype and database is cleaned towards artefact "NULL"

But, nevertheless, the plugin doesn't work. I tried the example URL "http://vimeo.com/18150336" and several others out of the service list. Nothing; empty.

Now I am totally clueless

Conrad

04 August 2011, 10:16

I've meanwhile uninstalled embed.ly (also from MyPHP databases) and reinstalled it again (under Blocktype).
The icon is shown in "External Content" and can be dropped into a new page. The plugin opens. But after filling in an URL (taken from one of the listed Services) and saving, the Block remains empty - only the title is shown.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks and Regards,
conrad

14 results