Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Student losing files and comments

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 August 2011, 21:00

Hi again,

I have just gained further information from the student involved and she has advised this is also happening to another student.

" I definitely did not delete any of the files from 'my files' when it vanished from my view. The file didn't get deleted from 'my files' just the view page. Hope this makes sense."

The file remains in her list of files and the block remains, it is just the file in the block view that is missing. Any ideas?

Account deleted

01 September 2011, 21:16

More information from another lecturer connected to the issue:-

'He mentioned that some files have disappeared and then they come back a couple of days later but with weird dates on them (like from last year!). Any thoughts?'

Any ideas, does this help give more information to help address what is going on?
Account deleted

07 September 2011, 18:55

I have received some more information possibly connected to the previous issues. A student is saying they are having the access permission they have added for their lecturer also removed from their views. This is the same student that is losing the files under their view. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks Smile

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

07 September 2011, 19:35

Hello Heidi,

have you looked at the 'maharada' folder for inconsistent permissions and owners of folders. The daete issue makes me think its not directly a mahara issue? Just a thought.

Account deleted

07 September 2011, 23:30

Hi Dirk,

I have just been trying to locate this folder with technical assistance. The only thing similar is the data folder but we cannot see anything in it that directly relates to any students details. Are we looking in the wrong place? One other thing we noticed when looking at the backend of the student accounts, is that the last login is older than the last access by a couple of days. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

09 September 2011, 8:58

Hello Heidi,

the last login-last access seems normal. It probably mean the the user did not logout? I m not sure why there is a table 'lastlastlogin' but it seems to be the oldest login for a user.

Something else to look into: Does the student use the 'timed access' feature in mahara? I have seen interesting things happen in older mahara versions. Perhaps when combined with an inaccurate server time and when used on different pages, a file could appear to be lost.

16 results