Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Timezone NZ & 19,237 email

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 July 2011, 13:58

Installed 1.4 on friday last week and all went well with exception of email settings.... thought I'd fix those this morning but now I have 19,237 email saying I have not configured the SMTP correctly... lol

Anyway how do I correct the timezone error below on a Windows platform using a WAMP install?

PHP on your website host does not return a useful value for the timezone identifier (%z) - certain date formatting, such as the LEAP2A export, will be broken. %z is a PHP date formatting code. This problem is usually due to a limitation in running PHP on Windows.

François Marier's profile picture

06 July 2011, 17:46

Hi Wayne,

As the warning states, this is a limitation of running PHP on Windows. We are not aware of a fix for this problem. (PHP on Linux is not affected.)

That said, as far as we know the only functionality that is affected at the moment is the formattin of dates when you export content in the Leap2A format. Everything else should work.

Cheers,

Francois

dan attwood's profile picture

07 July 2011, 1:48

I'm seeing exactly the same problem with 1.4 on a windows box. Nothing I seem to cahnge will make the php mailerrors go away. Before the upgrade everything was working fine, the mail settings in mahara were blank and it was just sending out the mail direclty through PHP

3 results