Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Database Sessions?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 July 2011, 3:25

Is it possible to configure Mahara to store session information in the database?  I'm trying to host on a cluster.

Account deleted

01 July 2011, 4:38

Hi Rudy,

At present no it's not possible. The sessions are currently stored in the mahara dataroot, along with all of the other data that users upload. Since you'll need to share this between all nodes on the cluster, you'll have the sessions available across the cluster anyway. I can see why you'd *not* want to do this (NFS with lots of small session files) but from my experience it's not been an issue.

What's your reasoning behind wanting this over the session files?

Andrew 

Account deleted

01 July 2011, 11:15

Thanks for your quick response. After a fresh installation of Mahara, I was having trouble with Mahara repeatedly asking me to login, and not seeming to recognize that I was logged in. I mistakenly assumed that this was related to how sessions were being stored in my cluster environment. Embarassingly, I finally tracked the problem down to my having uses "php_flag" in an htaccess file where I should have used "php_value". It was a rather odd result for that mistake. But everything is working well now. Thanks again for your quick response.
3 results