Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Skin support for Mahara 1.4

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

30 June 2011, 7:25

Skin support for Mahara 1.4 is available at https://www.gitorious.org/mahara/anzeljg-mahara/trees/1.4.0_SKIN_SUPPORT

Installation instructions for Dummies (as myself ;)

1. Download it at right side by clicking "Download 1.4.0_SKIN_SUPPORT as tar.gz"
  2. Unpack it
  3. Upload it to your server - and overwrite the Mahara 1.4.0 files
    (Skin support is integrated into Mahara core files, so you'll need to overwrite them...)
  4. Go to your Mahara URL address in your webbrowser and perform upgrade

Now you should have Mahara 1.4.0 with skin support.

I've tested it and it should work, but:
Please first try this before using it on live server!!!

Regards,
Gregor

P.S.: In July and August I won't be reading my email everyday, so please be patient...

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

30 June 2011, 9:14

Hi Gregor

Just dropped this into our development Mahara 1.4 server and seems to be working fine. Not broken anything that I have noticed Smile

Thanks for all your work on this. Enjoy your (email) holiday! Cool

Geoff

10 December 2011, 14:08

Hi again Gregor

Is there an updated version of Skins for Mahara 1.4.1?

Any news on Skins making it into Mahara core?

Regards

Geoff

11 December 2011, 7:44

Sorry, no updated version, since I'm trying to create one for 1.5.0. Currently I'm also adding the option of live preview when creating/designing a skin.

Core Team would like to include it, if time permits... Let's hope or the best.

HTH,
Gregor

10 April 2012, 8:51

Hi again Gregor

I don't see any reference to Skins in Mahara 1.5 rc2. Also, not seen much recent development activity on Gitorious (though I may be looking in the wrong places).

So, I presume Skins did not make it to 1.5 core. Frown

Have you made any progress in generating a Skins update for Mahara 1.5? If so, any idea of a release date? From my perspective, it would be nice if this was available over the summer, ready for the new academic year starting in September.

Thanks

Geoff

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

10 April 2012, 17:25

+1 for us.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 April 2012, 3:46

Another +1

11 April 2012, 5:45

Hello Geoff,

I one of our last developers/contributors meeting, it appears that the deadline to freeze all 1.5 release features was too short for Gregor, and that skins will certainly be a key feature in 1.6.

But I of course let Gregor to provide more info/update about his great project which provides a nice "plus" to students customizing their pages.

Cheers,

-dajan

11 April 2012, 7:25

No, skins didn't make it into 1.5.

It was agreed that this is a large feature and need to undergo review process (as everything else), so it would be best to try to review it in early stages of new version development. So hopefully it will make it into 1.6.

I will update it for 1.5 (when the 1.5 version is officially released). No development activity on Gitorious is due to me having too little time and working on skins live preview locally.

HTH,
Gregor

9 results