Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Plugins for Mahara 1.4

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

28 June 2011, 5:24

Seems there are a lot of issues regarding my plugins not working in Mahara 1.4.

I should inform you, that I had problems with internet connection and that I am writing a custom survey plugin for a client, which must be completed ASAP. I also will provide a patch of some sort, to include skin support for Mahara 1.4.

That mean, that other plugins will have to wait... When I get the time, I will update them to work properly in Mahara 1.4. Please be patient...

Regards,
Gregor

Ali Hastie's profile picture

28 June 2011, 6:00

Thanks for the update. This is the main reason why we are not upgrading at the moment due to us currently having the Learning Styles and Euro CV installed as well as the CPD plugin created by Geoff Rowland.

The survey plugin sounds interesting, do you have time to provide an insight into this plugin?

Cheers

Ali

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

28 June 2011, 8:43

As far as I have encountered, the only reason Mahara 1.3 plugins don't work in 1.4 is that they are missing from the updated menubar. Fairly minor tweaks of the plugin code can fix this.

I have put some detail on this in the Wiki which may help folks update particular plugins. Feel free to add to/edit this Wiki page Wink

https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Plugin_migration_between_Mahara_1.3_and_1.4

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 June 2011, 10:09

Cheers Geoff,

I've removed the comment at the bottom regarding incrementing the version number -- this is only required for database schema changes.

All the best,

Andrew

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

30 June 2011, 5:10

Andrew

Hmm...

...I certainly don't want to propagate misinformation and fully appreciate the logic of your edit. However, I have empirically noticed that, in at least some cases, the drag-n-drop icons for the plugins don't appear in the edit panel unless an update is forced.

Don't entirely understand this - perhaps a server-side cache-updating thing? 

Cheers

Geoff

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

30 June 2011, 7:16

The following plugins need no update - they work in Mahara 1.3 and Mahara 1.4:

Updated plugins:

Europass blocktype isn't updated yet, since it will need more changes than just the corrected path to correctly show up in a menu. I'll try to update it till the end of July/beginning of August.

Cheers,
Gregor

P.S.: I think that Europass plugin could be used as it it. If you would like it to show up on the menu, you just have to change the line 59 in the lib.php file from

'path' => 'profile/europass',

to

'path' => 'content/europass',
Dirk Meyer's profile picture

30 June 2011, 8:36

Thanks-as always. And as someone suggested elsewhere in the forums-a tool such as the MyLearning blocktype that allows learners to gather some metrics about their own learning styles and track that over time is very valuable.

7 results