Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Repeated logout

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 June 2011, 4:21

Hi all

Recently installed v1.4 to my webserver (hosted on Greengeeks) and installation ran fine. 

Can access but every page I hit I am required to log in again. I have verified the troubleshooting issues so specified the path in config.php and have double checked my dataroot path which seems correct....

Now at a loss.....just wondered if there were any thoughts?

Best regards

Chris

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

27 June 2011, 11:25

Hi,

greetings from Germany Wink

Did you check the perissin of your maharadata folder? It´s seems there is your problem.

from the Wiki:

Create the Dataroot Directory

This is a directory where Mahara will write files that are uploaded to it, as well as some other files it needs to run. The main point about this directory is that it is one that the web server can write to. The other main point is that it cannot be inside the directory where your Mahara code is! In fact, if you have a public_html directory, it should not be inside that at all.

On your webserver, you will need to make this directory. If you have a public_html directory, make the directory alongside it. You can give it a name like 'maharadata'. Once you are done, you should have this directory structure (ignoring files):

.../yourusername/public_html
 .../yourusername/maharadata

You will need to make the maharadata directory writable by the web server user. You can either change its owner to be the web server user, or you can chmod it to 777. The latter isn't recommended, but if you're on shared hosting it's what you'll probably have to do. FTP programs will allow you to chmod the directory.

(https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara)

HTH Heinz

2 results