Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Profile Export Zip

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 June 2011, 8:13

Hi,

I am running Mahara v1.4 on a Windows Platform via XAMPP..

When trying to export a profile, the user receives the following error : 

"Your system does not have the zip command. Please install zip to enable this feature"

PHPInfo claims that the zlib, gz2 and zip extensions are enabled and running - all dlls also exist in the extensions folder.

I have seen a bug report on the Mahara website, however the suggested fix seems tailored towards unix/linux platforms?

Maybe I'm missing something - do I need something else installed on my Windows Server?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

-Anup

François Marier's profile picture

22 June 2011, 18:18

Hi Anup,

I'm not quite sure how it's done on Windows (hopefully someone else will jump in), but what I can say is that this is separate from the PHP extension.

On a Debian-based Linux system, this is about installing the "zip" and "unzip" packages which provide the "/usr/bin/zip" and "/usr/bin/unzip" binaries.

Cheers,

Francois

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 June 2011, 4:15

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your reply.. 

I have managed find out that I needed the following in my config.php..

$cfg->pathtounzip = 'C:\Zip\unzip.exe';
$cfg->pathtozip   = 'C:\Zip\zip.exe';

I am now able to use the export function, but it does not complete fully..

It goes through all of the steps, progress bar gets to the end, after which i receive the following message..  

"Failed to zip the export file"

(I have tried the exact same thing on a v1.3 system and the progress bar hangs on the zipping stage)..

I can see in the "maharadata" folder that the files are being exported, however, it's not 'zipping' them up.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Many thanks once again,

-A

François Marier's profile picture

23 June 2011, 19:03

Have you had a look at the web server error log? There might be a more detailed error message there.

Cheers,

Francois

4 results