Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
redirect error logs from screen to error_log file

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 June 2011, 6:41

I've just completed installation and am getting various log messages to the screen.  I would like to redirect them to the error_log file.  The documentation tells me to read config-dist.php for examples on setting this up, but there's no relevant info there.

Can someone please let me know where I can find the instructions for this (with sample code) or please drop it here.

thanks in advance.
François Marier's profile picture

19 June 2011, 19:44

Hi Neil,

If you put this in your config.php, then all of the log messages will be sent to the Apache error log:

$cfg->log_dbg_targets     = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
  $cfg->log_info_targets    = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
  $cfg->log_warn_targets    = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
  $cfg->log_environ_targets = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;

Cheers,

Francois

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 June 2011, 7:11

Thanks Francois, i appreciate that very much.

First, I got the  error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in [..]/mahara/config.php on line 85

which is the line i inserted the code.  I notice all the other statements have the value in single quotes, so i tried that as well

$cfg->log_dbg_targets = 'LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG';

still got the error message, on a whim i changed the text encoding from us-ascii to UTF8 on the cpanel (domain management web interface) text editor.

It worked.

then i went back and removed the single quotes, as per your syntax above - and it still works! So i presume the original error was from the editor having saved config.php in us-ascii rather than utf8.

thanks again.
3 results