Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
"the file you uploaded is not the correct type for this block"

Mary Cooch's profile picture

19 June 2011, 6:15

Hi there - I am geting this message on a Mahara 1.3.5 for some mp3 and wmv files even though I am the admin and in extensions I have ensured they are enabled. I have tried the same files on another (earlier) version of Mahara and they embed fine - does anyone have any ideas what might be the issue?

François Marier's profile picture

19 June 2011, 19:50

Hi Mary,

The first thing I would recommend is that you upgrade to 1.3.6, it fixes a number of major security problems:

https://launchpad.net/mahara/1.3/1.3.6

You say that you tested this in a previous version of Mahara and that it was working. Do you remember which version that was?

Cheers,

Francois

14 August 2011, 11:48

Hello again. I left this post for a while because I now have a brand new install of 1.4. However, I have discovered that when I try to add mp3 or other media etc to the embedded media block in Firefox it gives me this "not the correct type for this block" message. But when I add exactly the same mp3 or whatever in Internet Explorer 8 -it works fineSurprised Would you have an idea why this might be please? I prefer Firefox and I don't really want to have to use Internet Explorer!

François Marier's profile picture

31 August 2011, 20:33

Hi Mary,

I haven't seen that bug before. If you want to get in touch with me ([email protected]) I'd be curious to login to your site and try it out.

Cheers,

Francois

10 September 2011, 6:40

Hi there. Sorry for the delay in replying - we have started back and school and I have been preoccupied! Coming back to this - it is a very odd scenario: I was wrong about things working in IE and not FF - there does not seem to be any consistency amongst browsers except that I cannot upload FLV files - even those of just a few KB and knowing that FLV are allowed. Sometimes it lets you upload mp3 and sometimes it doesn't. I don't think it is a file size issu. If you have any time when convenient please feel free to login and try uploading media - I will DM you login details and I expect you will get an email from the Mahara too. It is only a test Mahara at the moment - fortunately!

5 results