Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
1.4 troubles in Firefox 4.0 on Mac

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 June 2011, 15:46

I just upgraded our site to 1.4 - and it looks great. 

I have noticed that when I access the site on my Mac (10.5.8) with Firefox 4.0.1, some functionality is lost.  There html editor does not appear in the Journal entry editor, or the site pages editor, among others. 

In the Journals page (in Firefox and Safari) the "New Entry" button is split and spans two lines. 

I'm not sure if these are bugs, or simply problems with my Mac Java.

Congrats on the latest release!

Tim

Account deleted

15 June 2011, 6:22

Just checked my Firefox 4.0 Windows version at work, and have similar issues.  The sidebar for the defaul view appears below everything else.  Seems like an CSS problem.  I'll try to investigate, but anyone else have similar problems or suggestions?

Account deleted

15 June 2011, 6:42

Changing the min-width:255px to width:255px in the sidebar column styles in the style.css file located in the theme/raw/static/style folder does the trick for fixing the Firefox issue. 

From some things written online, it seems that proper css code is that float requires a declared width.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

17 June 2011, 18:33

Thanks Tim,

same issue for me.

I opened a bug for the sidebar issue here https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/798996

François Marier's profile picture

19 June 2011, 22:03

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have just tagged it to be in the next point release of 1.4.

Please feel free to create another bug on the tracker if you find any other formatting issues in 1.4.

Cheers,

Francois

5 results