Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Moodle and Mahara were fine now and error?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 June 2011, 7:48

Hi I'm getting the following error when trying to move from moodle in to mahara...

Sorry, we could not log you into Mahara at this time. Please try again shortly, and if the problem persists, contact your administrator 

I have had the install working fine for well over a year and although the school are not yet using mahara fully yet I was readying an upgrdae to 1.4.

I ran a backup of the system and then then I thought I would check my version number on mahara and that is when i noticed the error.

I have seen it in the past when the clocks were out of sync but this is not the case this time!

Any suggestions?

thanks

Account deleted

14 June 2011, 8:30

Hi Reg,

Check that your mnet certificates are correct on both systems. I've seen various issues with certificates where they expire, or someone has hit the reset button.

Andrew

Account deleted

14 June 2011, 8:37

I'll take a look at that now.

thanks

Account deleted

14 June 2011, 8:36

Oh, and it may be worth checking your web server's error log.

Account deleted

14 June 2011, 8:51

I deleted the public key on moodle and then pasted that across in to mahara and I logged on. Logged off and tried again and it failed again!

Tried again and it did the same?

Could you let me know where I should be looking for logs?

Thanks

Account deleted

15 June 2011, 2:57

Hi Reg,

It will depend upon your web server. If you're using apache, then have a look at

/var/log/apache2/error.log

or

/var/log/httpd/error.log

I'm afraid that I'm a little rusty on tracking down the cause of these mnet issues. Normally it's either clock sync being out, certificates not being correct (there is also a certificate in mahara that moodle needs), or a mis-configuration somewhere - e.g. the URL of the Moodle/Mahara being wrong somewhere.

Andrew

6 results