Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Clamav

Yaju Mahida's profile picture

11 March 2009, 22:38

Hi in uploadmanager.php from where this comes CFG->quarantinedir ? From config.php ?  what is the string to specify it ?
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 March 2009, 1:25

Hi - I think that's just a hangover from when we got that code from Moodle. The actual quarantine directory is $dataroot/quarantine/, and is not customisable.

12 March 2009, 2:21

When user upload files clamav scans it or not ? I tried it and nothing is there in clamav log files....
Account deleted

12 March 2009, 6:05

You have to tick the box to do virus scanning in the Site Options page, and set the path to clam (normally /usr/bin/clamscan), then it should happen automatically.

12 March 2009, 19:13

Yes nigel the tick box is ticked and the path is also set to /usr/bin/clamscan.

Now, when I uploaded files the clamav logs should have entries that files were scanned.

How to know that files are scanned when user upload files ?

I viewed all the apache logs and clamav logs. No, entries about scanning.

How to findout that clamav is scanning the files ?

Account deleted

14 March 2009, 6:12

Hi - I have no idea whether clamav would actually log stuff when we call it. Maybe it logs to stderr, which Mahara catches and discards (see the code in lib/uploadmanager.php).
Account deleted

30 May 2009, 16:00

Hi Nigel,

ClamAV ( resp. ClamAV Daemon) is running, Path is set to " /usr/bin/clamdscan" under "Site options", however system tells me that ...

"Clam AV is configured to run on file upload, but the path supplied to Clam AV,

/usr/bin/clamdscan, is invalid.
...." 

Any idea? Do I have to set any other permissions? 

Many thanks in advance! 

Best regards, Peer 

+++ Mahara Version:  1.1.2, Ubuntu 8.04 +++

Account deleted

01 June 2009, 16:43

Does that binary actually exist? And is it executable by the web user? You might have to install some other package, like clamav-daemon, to make that path work.

I think by default clam ships with 'clamscan' (note the missing 'd'), clamdscan runs a daemon which means faster scan times for each file.

Account deleted

02 June 2009, 1:54

Hi Nigel,

many thanks for your reply.

Yes, I installed the ClamAV daemon, too. It's up and running and the path points to the executable "clamdscan" of the daemon. 

How can I check resp. ensure that www-data has the permission to start "clamdscan"

BR, Peer 

Account deleted

02 June 2009, 2:37

On the console, switch to that user, then try and run the program. You might see the errors that are causing it to fail. You might also want to look in the Mahara error log to see if there is a more detailed error.
12 results