Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
directorypermissions setting

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 May 2011, 5:53

Hello people,

I just did the latest update for Mahara and had problems doing a backup of the datafiles. I realised I had forgotten to change the directorypermissions setting. This resulted in all data files be of 700 rights and thus unable to be read by my account.

While the update the server admin helped me doing my backup. But I want to change things so that I am able to do the backup myself. So I changed the directorypermissions setting to 0755 instead in my config file.

$cfg->directorypermissions = 0755;

I did this change yesterday and the server is restarted every night. Some files in dataroot where added thereafter but they are still created with 700 rights. Did I do something wrong? What can I do to investigate further? Does anyone have any hints there?

I would be very thankful if someone could help me there.

Best regards,

Uwe Böttcher

Account deleted

25 May 2011, 7:30

Hello people,

I think, I found the problem. I investigated into uploadmanager.php and found the chmod command there. But it does not use the directorypermissions setting but the constant 0700. Thus the config setting is useless.

I will file a bug for this.

Best regards and many thanks,

Uwe Böttcher

Account deleted

25 May 2011, 8:45

Just in case any other person has similar problems, the bug report can be visited with that link:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/788124

3 results